Tuesday, November 3, 2009

IronMan Library Challenge Charity


The Amery Library IronMan Challenge Charity is my way of giving back to my home town Amery, WI library where I spent many a happy afternoon reading. As part of the charity I am training for the Louisville Kenturcky 2010, Aug, 29 full IronMan triathlon event and will write donators names on my triathlon racing cap so they can cross the finish line with me.


The Amery Public Library renovated and moved into the former Amery Hosptial and is a wonderful commmunity asset. The charity is set up through the Amery Public Library Foundation a 501 (c) 3. The Janus Investment Group administers the charity and will award additional monies for the charity based on monies that are gathered.


The full IronMan triathlon event distances are a 2.4 miles swim, 112 bike, 26.2 mile run (marathon) and will take me approximately 14-16 hours(?). Please consider donating any amount based on the IronMan Triathlon distances noted above: $2.40, $11.60, $26.20, $112 etc...by clicking here or copy and pasting the link below into your browser.




As part of Dotcom-Monitor's exhibiting with the tradeshow PubCon Las Vegas I am promoting the both Amery Library IronMan Charity and a Purpose Inc. poker tournament event at the Mirage Hotel Nov. 12, 8 pm to 2 am. Information about Purpose Inc. and the poker tourney is located here.

No comments:

Post a Comment